Operations Manager, Critical Infrastructure, Malaysia
BMT Group Ltd is a leading, international engineering consultancy that operates in 10 markets working primarily in the maritime industry. We employ over 1,500 staff worldwide located in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. BMT's combination of intellectual rigour and commercial insight has helped us to play an important and increasing role in industries as diverse as oil and gas, defence, renewable energy, ports, risk management and maritime transport.
BMT Asia Pacific is a specialist economic, environmental, design, planning and risk management consultancy serving primarily the energy, infrastructure, and transport sectors.
Through a diverse team of specialists and leading-edge technologies, we are committed to helping customers develop safe, efficient and sustainable systems, processes and infrastructure.
We apply our expertise across a wide range of projects spanning onshore and offshore, and throughout the project lifecycle.
BMT Malaysia has a vacancy for the position of Operations Manager, to be based in the Kuala Lumpur office. As a member of the Asia Pacific Regional Executive Management Team, the KL Operations Manager will be tasked with delivering sustainable and profitable growth for the KL office, in direct support to the Regional Managing Director, as well as providing effective leadership to the senior staff team.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director of the Asia Pacific Region of the Critical Infrastructure Partnership, this role will be responsible for the effective day-to-day operational management of the Company. This will include:
- Increasing work winning through enhanced proposal preparation, including the coordination of regional bids in collaboration with the broader Asia Pacific Region
- Improving project management processes to ensure delivery on time, within budget and to the requisite quality
- Ensuring that BMT Group Operational Standards are met at all times
- Ensuring the effective and efficient working of all performance reporting processes
- Providing effective interface with and support to senior colleagues and staff within the Company
- Ensuring work is carried out so that the monthly reporting of the company’s accounts, forecasts and other resource reports are accurate and reliable
- Ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the Company’s performance trends in order to identify areas for improvement and corrective action
- Working with the appropriate management staff to ensure the successful delivery of the Company’s HR Strategy, Finance and Health & Safety Strategies
- Directing resourcing activities to ensure optimum staff utilisation. Implementing and maintaining effective resource forecasting systems such that utilisation can be optimised at all times
- Working with the appropriate management staff to ensure that the physical business infrastructure (offices, IT, management information systems, etc.) is cost-effective, safe and sustainable
- Providing a point of interface with BMT Group Company Secretary and BMT Group Risk Manager in areas of contract and health and safety management
- Ensuring that internal risk management processes at business and project level are effectively implemented
- Instigating a programme of continuous improvement to maximise business efficiency and profitability
- Ensuring company processes and procedures are in place so that internal and external company audits are passed
- Managing intra-BMT and external suppliers
- Fulfilling the requirements of a senior manager and board member within the Company
The role holder will have a proven technical/programme management background, competency and profile in infrastructure projects encompassing port engineering, oil & gas, rail, and/or environmental engineering, and will work closely with the broader Asia Pacific Region (primarily Hong Kong and Singapore) to deliver against the Strategic Business Objectives and Targets defined within the respective Executive Business Plans.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Previous operational, project management and technical experience at a senior management level
- Experience of leadership and management of resources and staff
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to delegate to and motivate others
- Excellent, reasoning, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to establish good and effective working relationships with all staff members
- Ability to build and maintain effective teams
- Results orientated, decisive decision maker
- Solid understanding of financial issues.
- Excellent stakeholder relationship management skills
- Degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, or hydro civil engineering preferably chartered from a recognised institution; a Master degree would be an advantage
- Proven consultancy experience for infrastructure projects across the ports, oil & gas, rail and/or environmental engineering sectors
Applicants are requested to submit a CV and cover letter to Felicia Neo, HR Business Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 20th July 2018.
For further information on BMT Asia Pacific, please visit their website: www.bmtasiapacific.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Felicia Neo on +65 65176825