The Company are looking to recruit experienced Consultants to join the Aberdeen office. The positions will involve preparing or contributing to reports, hands-on project work plus the application of commercial and technical skills and knowledge, ensuring delivery and client satisfaction. You will be required to liaise with clients, regulators and other third parties as appropriate. We offer flexible working and full consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work on a part-time basis.
BMT is a well respected and long established, scientifically-led consultancy which has in-depth knowledge and experience in the upstream oil and gas industry, environmental, water and other related sectors.
· To contribute to Environmental Impact Assessments and Environmental Statements as appropriate for offshore developments and decommissioning projects, oil pollution emergency plans and other consultancy work under the direction of the Team Leader and project managers.
· To set up, operate and interpret the output of our existing predictive models for oil spills, marine discharges and drill cuttings under the direction of the Team Leader and in close liaison with the client.
· To adapt existing models for particular operational and environmental conditions, and develop new models and methods of evaluating and presenting data, as required.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience of consultancy and/or offshore oil and gas sector.
- Good academic background to a degree or equivalent standard.
- Knowledge and understanding of UKCS offshore regulatory regime.
- Knowledge and practical experience in numerical modelling for marine applications.
- Experienced in using Matlab and/or other proprietary modelling software/languages.
- Good technical writing skills and competence in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance, the ability to work methodically and work to tight deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability of work independently as well as being a strong team player.
- Experience of chemical risk and permitting support.
- Background in marine ecology and/or oceanography.
- Offshore survival accreditation.
For further information on BMT Cordah, please visit their website: www.bmtcordah.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Joanne Gormley on 01224 414200