The Company are looking to recruit an experienced Principal Consultant to join the Aberdeen office. The successful applicant will provide environmental consultancy for our clients in the offshore oil and gas industry and other marine sectors. We offer flexible working and full consideration will be given to applicants who wish to work on a part-time basis.
BMT is a well respected and long established market leading environmental consultancy providing specialist services in the oil and gas industry and other related sectors.
This role will involve client management, work-winning, project management, preparing, contributing to and reviewing costings, proposals, reports and other deliverables ensuring efficient delivery and client satisfaction. The role also involves contribution to Environmental Impact Assessments, Comparative Assessments and Environmental Statements as appropriate for offshore developments and decommissioning projects.
The position will also involve hands-on project work and the application of commercial and technical skills and knowledge. As project manager for a portfolio of projects you will take responsibility for assisting in managing team workloads including coaching and mentoring junior staff.
- Experience of the Oil & Gas sector and previous experience of consultancy
- Good academic background
- Well developed background knowledge in marine biology, ecology and EIA techniques
- Strong aptitude for gathering, assimilating and analysing information about physical, chemical, biological and social environments
- Knowledge and understanding of environmental regulatory requirements (specifically UKCS)
- Ability to gather, assimilate and analyse information that may not relate to your core discipline, e.g. engineering for oil and gas and renewable energy projects, or the output from environmental modelling studies
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player
- Excellent technical writing skills and competence in the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Good attention to detail, thoroughness, perseverance and the ability to complete work
- Good communication, organisational and time management skills
- Experience of Decommissioning would be advantageous
- Environmental Management Systems experience
For further information on BMT Cordah, please visit their website: www.bmtcordah.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Joanne Gormley on 01224 414200