Senior Naval/Maritime Engineer
Apply your broad Naval and Maritime Engineering expertise in this challenging role to provide solutions to the Defence industry. Based in Sydney or Canberra, you will be part of our growing Australian defence maritime capability.
BMT Design & Technology is a leading international engineering and project management consultancy, delivering world class innovative solutions within the defence, maritime and transport sectors.
As a company we are dedicated to building trusted and lasting client focused relationships. We pride ourselves on our reputation for integrity in the provision of independent and impartial advice. Our people operate in a collaborative team working environment, and engage in exciting and challenging projects, with opportunities to expand their expertise and shape the industries in which we work.
Joining our team gives you access to our world class engineers and project managers, in an environment where new ideas are encouraged and nurtured. We are also an employee benefit trust which means that our profits go directly back to our people through continued development and bonuses.
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive remuneration and benefits package
- Ongoing professional development and training
- Flexible working arrangements
- A culture of diversity and innovative thinking
Initially, you will work onsite with our client and have the opportunity to apply your skills and experience to provide solutions to a range of challenging projects to meet our client’s needs. With a solid technical background in maritime engineering, you will be instrumental in understanding project needs, outcomes and working with the team to deliver cost-effective solutions. Some travel between our offices and client sites may be required from time to time.
With Naval Architecture, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Systems experience, you will be client focused and able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements. Your natural style will be solution-oriented and collaborative. Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, you will work effectively as a team player with our Sydney and Canberra offices and client teams. You will be capable of working autonomously and will perform effectively, even when working remotely.
We are looking for those with a background in the acquisition or sustainment experience of major defence maritime assets. With recent relevant experience in areas such as
- Seaworthiness and Asset Management
- Capability and configuration baseline management
- Integrated logistics support and the application of related defence toolsets
- Risk and safety management
- A network within the defence environment.
You will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in naval programs and engineering
- A university degree or significant experience in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally Chartered or working towards it
- Project and technical management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Candidates are required to hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance.
Applications must include:
- Job ID: W129441
- A succinct cover letter outlining your experience and capabilities
- An up-to-date CV outlining relevant qualifications, work experience and two professional referees.
For further information on BMT Design & Technology, please visit their website: www.bmtdesigntechnology.com.au
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Karyn Agius on 03 86206171