Vice President of Operations
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Vice President (VP) of Operations
BMT is a full-service technical and management consultancy. Clients include the federal government, domestic and international marine, environmental and safety companies. Our technical and managerial competencies include: Ship Design and Engineering Services; Reliability Centered Maintenance, Systems Safety and Logistics Support; Environmental and Energy Policy Formulation and Support, Human Factors Engineering and Applied Environmental Services. Our professional staff provides high caliber designs and engineering solutions, comprehensive test and evaluation analysis and management support services exceeding customer expectations.
BMT is an international design, science, engineering, risk and program management consultancy, serving clients principally in the defense and security, energy and environment, critical infrastructure and commercial shipping sectors. For further information on BMT please visit www.dandp.com.
BMT Designers & Planners is seeking a Vice President (VP) of Operations to join executive leadership team responsible for delivering sustainable and profitable growth. VP of Operations is directly responsible for strengthening the operational performance and project delivery across all business lines: design and engineering services, consulting and advisory services, asset performance services and technology and innovation services. Position requires excellent listening, writing, oral communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to quickly establish effective working relationships within the multidisciplinary executive team and with senior business line leads to facilitate consensus, lead and develop a diverse staff to achieve and meet company objectives. Primary responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the formulation of the company’s business strategy, taking responsibility alongside colleagues for initiating, implementing and monitoring business plans
- Leading a technical organization of approximately 120 staff through 4 direct reports (the business line leads).
- Supporting the business line leads in providing high caliber solutions and services including anticipating and understanding project and stakeholder requirements and needs, managing expectations and communicating results and/or challenges
- Managing delivery of services through intra-BMT and external vendors
- Improving project management processes to ensure delivery on time, within budget and to the requisite quality
- Developing and leading a program of continuous improvement to maximize business efficiency and profitability
- Creating and managing systems to ensure compliance with company policies, federal acquisition regulations and other requirements.
- Promoting company values and ethics and creating a professional environment that attracts, develops and retains talented people
Position reports directly to President, BMT Designers & Planners and is a member of company executive team.
Travel: Domestic and international travel as required
Work Location: Alexandria, VA
Candidates must have DoD Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance immediately. Company will not sponsor a work visa for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific, technical or engineering field
- M.B.A Preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ senior management experience working in federal government contracting environment
- Progressive leadership positions committed to managing people, delegating and empowering staff, managing projects and programs on time and on budget, building trusting relationships with stakeholders, anticipating and understanding client needs and developing solutions to attract new clients and talented staff
- Minimum 7 years’ experience successfully leading and managing capture teams, negotiating teaming and subcontract agreements, developing cost proposals, writing technical responses, developing resource plans, managing risk and winning government contracts to achieve company growth targets
- Strong leadership and coaching skills with proven experience creating motivated diverse teams committed to providing excellent client service
- Proven effective assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Must possess strong communication skills and successfully work with and around all military/organizational levels, clients, customers, suppliers and visitors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel software required. Experience with Microsoft Project and Visio desired
- Experience using CostPoint helpful
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 25 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting
- Strong work ethic consistent with the BMT culture including trust and confidence to find innovative solutions that supports the interests of their peers and clients
BMT Designers & Planners enjoys a diverse professional staff and offers a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries. Interested candidates must email resume, BMT Employment Application and surveys with subject line "OP 20” to HR@dandp.com or fax to 703-920-7091. Find application and surveys below. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce. BMT Designers & Planners is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Affirmative Action Employer of M/F/Veterans/Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
For further information on BMT Designers & Planners, please visit their website: www.dandp.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to HR@dandp.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Patricia Ghannam on +1 703 920 7070