The position for Program Manager will be within the Instrumentation Products Business Unit (BU), which provides engineered equipment or services across the targeted markets, with a particular focus on the offshore and mining markets.
BMT’s Critical Infrastructure (CI) group is a full-service solution provider to leading clients within the following major global markets:
- Offshore Oil and Marine
- Coastal Infrastructure
- Built Environment and Transport
Reporting to the BU Lead, the post holder is responsible for the planning and governance of the BU’s active product portfolio. The primary focus of the role should be to develop and implement strategies to reduce project NRE and management costs in an effort to increase sales pipeline conversion rates. The governing strategy is to consider use of structured systems engineering approaches applied in a manner that promotes Business Unit scalability.
- Managing Director of the Partnership
- Managers within the Business Unit
- Staff members within the Business Unit
Operational Duties: The operational duties are expected to develop over time as strategy is implemented and organizational structure is better aligned to business activities. Initially, the duties will include:
- Lead in systems engineering process development and control, with a specific focus on design review and product development processes
- Perform technical and process compliance oversight at a high level of major project deliveries and new bids
- Enforce BMT’s technical/quality values; ensuring they are properly monitored and delivered
- Technical leadership with key clients in support of projects
- Support to technical sales and business development teams
- Provide input for long range planning support for budgets, staffing, capital purchases and initiatives.
- Provide support to development and implementation of new MIS to increase efficiencies in the work flow, with a goal to reducing internal costs. This will focus on systems and tools for document control, business communication tools (information sharing/control), resource planning and project controls.
- Support development of robust process around the identification, management and mitigation of risk (both operational and project level) with BU leads and Team Managers. Specifically this will involve responsibility for risks related to project delivery, and management at execution level for the mitigations.
- Support development, implementation and tracking of BU operational strategy with BU leads and Team Managers. Specifically, contributing to annual strategic plans and being responsible for managing the execution of the strategy throughout the year.
- Support development, implementation and tracking of BU sales strategy with BU leads and Sales Team. Activities will include, but not limited to, ensuing that project/engineering support is available for sales activities, ensuring the current capabilities of project teams are in line with opportunities in the pipeline, supporting sales team to develop new markets through R&D.
Leadership: This is a key leadership position within the Business Unit, with a highly visible and influential impact on the project performance of the Unit and the Company at large.
- Provide mentorship to incoming or existing staff.
- Must exhibit exemplary leadership qualities, including communication, confidence and commitment.
- Travel as required to other BMT offices
- Attendance to critical sales meetings in Houston and Europe, expected quarterly
- Initially travel at start of role, expected two weeks per US location; reduced to one week per month as needed.
APPLY WITH APPLICATION FORM, CURRENT CV (no longer than 2 pages), COVER LETTER (no longer than 1 page).
For further information on BMT Scientific Marine Services, please visit their website: www.scimar.com
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role prior to applying please contact:
Merralee Burr on +1-760-737-3505