Senior/Principal Flood Risk Engineer/Scientist - TUFLOW UK Software Operations
BMT is a leading edge consultancy providing specialist consulting services in water and environment. With over 40 years' experience, BMT offers significant resources and expertise in its areas of specialisation. The company's team of highly qualified engineers and scientists are committed to using their skills and experience to the benefit of their clients, communities and the environment.
BMT are formalising and expanding our UK and European operations in the Water and Environment Software services sector, and are seeking a 10+ years’ experience Engineer/Scientist with strong Client Relationship, Staff Management, Business Development and relevant Technical skills to support our growth.
Your role will be to help maintain and enhance services to our well-established UK, and emerging European, TUFLOW user base through our support and training services, grow sales of TUFLOW Products and other software, and work closely with our consulting teams and external clients to value add to our environmental consulting services.
You will be based within the UK, working with established and dynamic teams in London and Aberdeen, and over time, other BMT water and environment teams within the UK and Europe as part of a growth strategy for our consulting and software services. This is an exciting time to be joining the software business operations, which has grown annually since inception in 2001 and is currently experiencing unparalleled growth and worldwide expansion. As a senior member of the Software Business Unit Team you can make a positive difference to the business.
- Manage and participate in UK and European TUFLOW support and training services, utilising staff from an existing team of experienced BMT TUFLOW modellers.
- Network and foster close working relationships with UK and European TUFLOW clients.
- Promote and expand sales of TUFLOW and other software products and services.
- Liaise regularly with our software developers to continually enhance our products and encapsulate the needs of the UK and European industries.
- Work closely with TUFLOW Vendors including Jacobs (Flood Modeller) and Innovyze (XP‑2D).
- Oversee the management and coordination of the UK TUFLOW User Conference.
- Work closely with our consulting teams, along with opportunities to carry out internal and external technical reviews.
- Contribute to creative discussions and decision-making about our future business directions.
- Present to management and leadership teams and other staff.
As a Senior/Principal Engineer/Scientist you will:
- Perform professional technical work with considerable independence in approach, and a high degree of originality, ingenuity and judgement.
- Provide strategic advice to management and business units, and directions or opinions on business opportunities.
- Encourage other employees and customers to take part in growing the business by showing enthusiasm for your work and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Supervise and review the work of engineers, scientists and technicians assisting with software related services.
- Share knowledge and act as a mentor within an area of expertise or across the business.
- Adhere to, and actively promote, quality, safety and environmental procedures/ standards.
- Contribute to leadership activities in the workplace, and at seminars / conferences by authoring papers and presenting at events.
To be successful, applicants will be required to address the following essential criteria:
- At least ten years’ experience within the UK flood risk management sector.
- At least five years’ experience using the TUFLOW software.
- Ability to identify new business opportunities, and sell products and services.
- Proven track record of developing good working relationships with clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interest in identifying and applying leading edge technology and innovative approaches.
- Completed a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other relevant area of study.
- Postgraduate qualifications or research experience in a relevant field such as flood hydraulics, hydrology or floodplain management is desirable but not essential.
You will be joining a company whose culture focuses on the sustainability of the business's core values, in which the personal and professional development of our staff, the flexible ‘family' friendly workplace, the challenge of innovative work, and the enjoyment of what we do is paramount.
Written applications addressing the above criteria, along with a full CV, should be forwarded to Daisy Mason, Senior HR Business Partner, BMT Group Ltd, (email@example.com)
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this job.
For background information about BMT Water and Environment visit http://www.bmtwbm.com
For further details about the BMT Group visit our website http://www.bmt.org/
For further information on BMT WBM, please visit their website: www.bmtwbm.com.au
Who to contact / How to apply:
To apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org